Sunday, February 22, 2009

When in need of Turkey

This happened couple weeks ago. My day started off as normal as any other day. I was sitting at my office quietly typing away at my computer to keep myself busy. Then suddenly, a huge craving stroke me, a hunger for a nice juicy turkey burger. To my good fortune, my friend Erik was on aim and I asked for a good Turkey burger recipe. He suggested I place in little ranch mix into my ground turkey and add turkey bacon. Simple enough I told myself. Soon as I was off work, I decided to gather my supplies at a local supermarket. I picked up all the classic supplies such as ground turkey, turkey bacon, onions, cheese, buns, and etc. Little did I know all of these ingredients will lead up to a great monstrosity I now label as "The Great Freimuth Burger."
I get home with the supplies and start dicing and chopping.
With little over 30 mins, I have created biggest burger to date. I was originally going to place in two patties per burger, but it proved to be too unstable. I decided then I will just eat the two patties as sort of a "side dish." I also had a huge potato salad craving that night. So I decided to get a pound of potato salad, as you can see in the bowl next to the burgers. The whole plate consists of 1.3 pound of ground turkey, 2 strips of turkey bacon, two fried eggs, lettuce, half of a onion, garlic, and tomatoes. As it took me little over 30 mins to make, it took me about the same amount of time to finish this beast. Overall, the taste of it was wonderful. A key reason I was able to finish it. The burger was cooked just right and hint of ranch in the turkey worked well with my honey mustard sauce. The partially uncooked yellow yolk of the egg also added a lot of juice to already succulent burger. With that said, I probably won't be craving it anytime soon. To my friend Erik, your name will be forever immortalized in this great turkey burger I named after you!

1 comment:

Mobile App Developers said...

It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.